So I think I’m going to move to East Lansing for 14 weeks. (January 21 - April 23) and do my 200 hour yoga teacher training. It’s intense. And it means I have to move … but I think it will be worth it. It’s not so much that I want to be a yoga teacher, it’s that I want to take 14 weeks to focus on me. Focus on my health. Focus on centering in on who I am. Also get out of my house. I love my family to death but it is such a stressful environment.
I’m too tired to say more. but that’s what I’m thinking. Thoughts?
Since I can’t control my family maybe I will start controlling myself. Yoga as much as possible. Drink water. Meditate.
I am gonna do this.
I am going to NOT eat everything in front of my face.
I am going to try and eat clean.
I am going to either go to yoga or run at least twice a week (I’m starting real slow).
I am going to not go to bed bloated and out of control.
Ready, set, go.
the scale says 124.5 right now.
all i’ve had is breakfast, and i went on a run. BUT WOW. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that!
Here are some useful tips for yoga:
- The time most suitable for Yoga is in the morning before breakfast when the mind is calm and fresh and the movements can be done with ease and vitality
- The most important things you’ll need to get started - as they say - are a big heart and a small ego.
- A person must seek a place of quietude, which is well ventilated, free from dust, insects, unpleasant smell, draught, and moisture. There should be no distraction whatsoever.
- You must empty your bowels and bladder, clean your nostrils and throat of all mucus, consume a glass of lukewarm water and then begin the exercises after 15 minutes
- Always remember that you should begin with the easy postures and then proceed to the difficult ones. One must follow the graded steps of Yoga
- In the beginning, all movements should be practiced lightly and you must cease to go further if fatigue shows.
- Yoga trainers recommend a balanced diet (sattwik). There should be an interval of 4 hours between meals
- The clothing should be loose and as scanty as possible, because maximum amount of the skin should be exposed to air.
- Form-fitting cotton/Lycra pants and shirts are the best.
- The breathing should be long and deep. The mouth should be closed and inhale and exhale only through the nose.
- You can check out some other commercial Yoga accessories, like Yoga belt, foam blocks, Yoga pillows and rubber mats.
I’m not too sure about you guys, but I found these tips actually really interesting! (:
I hate how I look in these. I’ve never seen myself from behind in awhile. I’ve definitely gained weight in the past few years. However, I am proud of myself that I can do these things. But it has always come naturally to me. I think it comes with dancing for so many years … you become engrained with a type of balance. Everyone was really amazed but I EXPECTED myself to do this. That’s why in yoga I need to find new ways to challenge myself … because the regular poses are easy for me. I’m not trying to show off … I’ve just always been able to do them. So, I also want to buy a paddleboard. It’s an awesome core exercise and I just LOVE IT.